Friday, September 14, 2012

Asian On Air Program: Top Ten Things I want to Do in Korea


I read this event in Korea Tourism Organization Manila Office (Facebook Page). Since Korea is one of my dream countries to visit, I would like to try my luck by participating via Blog & Photo Contests. I am thankful to Korean Air. I arrived safely and fully satisfied twice at Korea's Airport. However, it was only a stopover. I want more. I want to see more. I want to see the real beauty of Korea outside the airport.I want to do many things in Korea.






1st Thing I want to do in Korea:
Amuse myself at Lotte World Adventure
 As I said previously in my Travel Blog, I always love amusement parks. They always remind me that whatever my age is, I can still enjoy like a child.
[source of the photo]  
"Located in the heart of the city, Lotte World is the perfect spot for entertainment and sightseeing. It is a theme park filled with thrilling rides, an ice rink, different kinds of parades as well as a folk museum, a lake, and much more. About 6,000,000 visitors are welcomed every year, and about 10% of the visitors are foreigners. The structure inside makes use of the natural sunlight, and it is open for visitors all year round, regardless of the weather."  ~Korea Tourism Organization


2nd Thing I want to do in Korea:
Enjoy Han River Cruise buffet
 I've never been in a cruise before. That's why I would feel great and happy if I can ride and eat there. It is unique experience to ride a cruise with buffet.
[source of the photo] 
"Hangang River Ferry Cruise is one of the best ways to enjoy the scenery around Hangang River that flows through Seoul. Cool wind from the river, the surrounding scenery, which get more beautiful in the evenings, are the rewards the ferry cruise can offer you." ~Korea Tourism Organization


3rd Thing I want to do in Korea:
Wear Hanbok
 Sageuk/historical Korean dramas make me want to wear a hanbok. I would not forget to take some pictures while wearing it. It would be definitely a lovely experience for us girls.
[source of the photo]  
"Hanbok (South Korea) or Chosŏn-ot (North Korea) is the traditional Korean dress. It is often characterized by vibrant colors and simple lines without pockets. Although the term literally means "Korean clothing", hanbok today often refers specifically to hanbok of Joseon Dynasty and is worn as semi-formal or formal wear during traditional festivals and celebrations. The modern hanbok does not exactly follow the actual style as worn in Joseon dynasty since it went through some major changes during the 20th century for practical reasons." ~Wikipedia


4th Thing I want to do in Korea:
Play at Teddy Bear Farm
 I always love bears. I remembered there are bears featured in "Princess Hours" Korean drama. That's why I would like to visit this farm. I only have few bears, which I received back in high school. Therefore, seeing a lot bears would be dae bak for me.
[source of the photo]  
"Located in Sokcho, the Teddy Bear Farm Gallery offers a glimpse into the unique lifestyle of Sokcho through teddy bears: teddy bears are displayed mountain-climbing, skiing, playing golf, riding a boat from Abai Village to downtown, working hard on a squid fishing boat, sun tanning, or even defending the country. Visitors can purchase teddy bears at the gift shop and there are also some learning programs for teddy bear fans."  ~Korea Tourism Organization

5th Thing I want to do in Korea:
Travel via Cable Car from Nami Island
 I never have the chance to try cable car since Philippines doesn't have it. It would be great to experience riding it. I would love to view places such as mountain or buildings from high places.
[source of the photo] 
"The Namsan Cable car runs from the base of Namsan Mountain (located in central Seoul) up to the Namsan Tower, one of the most representative tourist attractions in Seoul, loved by tourists and residents alike." ~Korea Tourism Organization
 
6th Thing I want to do in Korea:
Stroll at Sinsa-dong Garosu-gil
 I believe this is the best place to hang out with family and friends. Since it is very attractive, taking pictures would be great. I would love to see the its artistic sensibilities.
 [source of the photo]
"In Garosugil the art galleries started to locate in 1980s. In 1982, Gallery Yeh was first open after this many other antique shops and gallery shops located in this area. By this Garosugil started to have its own artistic style. In 1990s many young artists started to gather in this area. Many fashion designers launched their own brand so it started to be famous as “Designer Street”. Also many small shops and restaurant started to move in to Garosugil. These days many people visit this place and as it is famous as “Designer Street” many other international clothing brands shops are located. Based on this history, Garosugil is presenting a fascinating dichotomy of the old and new." ~Wikipedia

7th Thing I want to do in Korea:
Ride Rail Bike
Just seeing the picture, I really get excited since the experience would be memorable for me. It's unique to be considered sport. I would definitely do it.
[source of the photo] 
"The rail bike in Jeongseon Auraji is a new type of leisure sport that combines biking along a railway and scenic views. Rail bikes are commonly found in the mountainous regions of Europe. The sport makes use of an abandoned railway track that runs from Jeongseon Auraji to Gujeol-ri. The total track is 7.2 kilometers long and is a continuous descent that is easy to ride along clean valley waters and crimson red foliage.
There are 2-person (110 kilograms) and 4-person rail bikes (138 kilograms). Despite its large size, a rail bike runs quite smoothly so it is sufficient for one person to pedal a 4-person rail bike at speeds of 10 to 30 kilometers per hour."
~Korea Tourism Organization

8th Thing I want to do in Korea:
Watch Performances of KPop Artists
 It would be a bonus for me if I will visit Cube Entertainment. I would be really glad if I would be able to meet 4Minute and BEAST. I should get their autographs. :)
[source of the photo] 
"Cube Entertainment/ Play CUBE Entertainment is a South Korean record label, founded in South Korea 2008 by Hong Seung-Sung, the former CEO of JYP Entertainment. Because of its founder's past relations it is often mistaken as a subsidiary of JYP Entertainment; however, it is an independent corporation. A-Cube Entertainment, founded in 2011, was its first subsidiary company." ~Wikipedia

9th Thing I want to do in Korea:
Visit Samsung d'Light
I love Samsung. Actually, I have a mini-collection of samsung mobile phones. That's why I would be glad to visit the origin of Samsung. I am a fan. I like their products and contribution to our society.
[source of the photo] 
"Located within the Samsung Electronics Building in Seocho-dong, Samsung d’light is an exhibition space that showcases all the latest consumer electronic products by Samsung Electronics. According to Samsung, the name d'light combines the words "digital" and "light", to correlate with their vision of being a "guiding light to the digital world" and leading consumers to a whole new lifestyle through digital technology. It is also meant to convey delight and excitement." ~Korea Tourism Organization

10th Thing I want to do in Korea:
Shop and Eat at Gwangjang Market
I love affordable items and food. I would definitely try eating here and shopping some souvenirs for my friends. I might buy Hanbok, too. Even though there is Korean food here in Philippines, it is different thing to eat Korean food at Korea.
 [source of the photo]
"The Gwangjang Market is the nation’s first market and continues to thrive as a popular tourist destination today. The second floor of the market provides all of your silk, satin, and linen bed-sheet stores, which are the largest and most famous in Seoul. Many of the stores in the area even have their own factories supplying fabrics to the Namdaemun Market, Pyoung Hwa Market, and even to some department stores. Even though the goods are not brand-name products, the wide selection of high quality goods at inexpensive prices makes it an enjoyable shopping experience." ~Korea Tourism Organization

I - Korean Air - Seoul/Incheon Airport

I will always love Korea. Its culture makes me wonder how good it is in reality. Korea's entertainment excels in the world. Considering the trendy "Oppa Gangnam Style" leads to world wide popularity. Environment of Korea, natural or man-made, is definitely one of a kind. The Jeju Island is one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Korea's art such as pottery and music makes the people develop in their skills and passion to the country. Moreover, the technology of Korea is up to date. Like Samsung, it helps people to learn in fun and entertaining way. It keeps improving the lifestyle of people. These reasons are not enough to describe how great Korea is. If there is a chance I can visit Korea, I will definitely grab it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...